Flax and Fern Room, Massey University, Entrance A, Wallace Street, Mount Cook, Wellington, New Zealand
This Conference is organised by ILSI SEAR Australasia, the New Zealand Food Safety Science & Research Centre and CSIRO
Topics being covered:
- What is Whole Genome Sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing? The scientific essentials of WGS/NGS and their application to food safety and public health
- Applications and use in industry: Hear directly from industries’ experience including dairy, horticulture and seafood case studies; learn how WGS/NGS can build consumer confidence in your products/brands
- Applications and use in public health: what is happening in New Zealand, Australia and the USA
- The benefits, hurdles and risks: Data protection, Intellectual Property, and risk management issues
- The regulatory perspectives: National, international and legal implications.
Who should attend and why?
- Industry professionals (including scientific equipment suppliers) – to see how WGS and NGS is being used to support food safety and how regulators might use the technology
- Science and academic community – to share current science status and inform the science community, industry and government about developments, what is available today and what are future developments
- Government agencies, public health policy makers and officials – to understand the role WGS/NGS might play in compliance, improving food safety and protecting public health
- Consumer focussed NGO’s – to gain insight into how consumer safety might be improved by these new technologies.
To register vist - https://www.nzifst.org.nz/event-3508514